St Tropez Spray Tanning
House of Savannah Beauty Spa in Newcastle
A spray tan is a safe way to get a gorgeous golden glow and we use only the very best tanning products from leading brand, St Tropez.
The old days of ‘orange’ looking skin are long gone thanks to developments in false tan product formulations and application equipment. If you’re looking to achieve a golden flawless fake tan then book in now for a professional spray tan at House of Savannah hairdressers & beauty salon in Newcastle.
We are proud to be official suppliers and stockists of St Tropez spray tanning to give a gorgeous, natural-looking, all year round suntan without the inherent dangers of skin damage that can result from over-exposure to UVA and UVB rays.
St Tropez is the tanning brand chosen globally by professionals, celebrities and beauty editors alike. We offer a number of tanning options from an Express Tan to the St Tropez Luxury Tan, PLUS you might be interested in our Special Tanning Offer – Buy 3 Tans for only £60.
Express Spray Tan – (20 mins) £26
Perfect for last-minute plans, this tan continues to develop after the base has been washed off. Remove the tan after one hour for a light tan, two hours for a medium tan, or three hours for a dark tan.
Sensitive Spray Tan – (20 mins) £26
This organic formula is ideal for sensitive skin types. It achieves a very natural glow.
Classic Spray Tan – (20 mins) £26
This is the original St Tropez spray tan which achieves a beautiful medium shade of tan.original medium shade tan.
Dark Spray Tan – (20 mins) £26
We can create the perfect tan shade for you so if you want to look like you’ve just returned from a three week holiday in the Caribbean we can deliver a gorgeous dark tan for you.
Why Have a St Tropez X Spray Tan?
- There is not risk of UVA/UVB to damage your skin that you get from sun tanning
- It looks natural and we have different strengths to suit your skin type
- You may feel more confident with a spray tan
Preparing For a Spray Tan at House of Savannah Spa in Newcastle
To get a gorgeous professional tan there are a few things you can do to help your therapist achieve a beautiful even glow and keep your colour for longer.
- Shave at least 24 hours before your treatment or 48 hours if waxing. This time allows pores to close properly and stop tell-tale dotting that can appear after your tan application.
- Exfoliate 24 hours before your treatment to gently buff away dry skin. Removing dead skin cells and revealing radiant new skin will make your tan last longer. Exfoliating makes a big difference to both the results and the way it fades.
- Moisturise your skin the night before your tan. Remember to pay particular attention to stubborn dry areas such as hands, elbows, knees and ankles.
On the Day of Your Spray Tan
On the day of your tan application have a shower at least 30 minutes before your appointment. Rinse off any products, oils, moisturisers and make-up, deodorant or perfume /after shaves. If they are not properly removed the spray tan can look streaky, blotchy unnatural or unevenly coloured.
Wear loose, dark clothing and flip-flops or loose fitting shoes. Tight clothes and underwear can leave marks and ruin your tan. Remove jewellery, pull hair up and away from face and neck with a hair tie of some sort.
Looking After Your Spray Tan
- Do not exercise or swim while your spray tan is developing.
- If you’re not showering until the morning then wear loose gloves or socks in bed to prevent hands accidently touching your body during your sleep and leaving hand marks on your beautiful tan.
- Do not shower or bathe for the development period after your tan. Your beauty therapist will advise you on how long you need to wait before showering or bathing.
- Use a mild and gentle body or face wash so it won’t reduce the effectiveness of your tan.
- Pat dry after showering- do not rub dry.
- When you take a shower or a bath you will probably see some colour wash off. Don’t worry. This is quite normal as it is only the colour guide that the spray tan technician uses when the tan is applied.
- Avoid long hot baths and long showers as they will reduce the effectiveness of your spray tan.
- A sunless tan can begin to fade over time as the skin’s natural cells begin to flake off and regenerate. The more moisture in your skin, the longer your tan will last and the more natural it will appear. Hydrate the skin with quality moisturisers.
- Never exfoliate immediately after a spray tan.
- Use St Tropez products to extend the life of your tan and keep your gorgeous glow.
- Chlorinated pools /hot tubs or sea water will make your tan fade, so if you must use these, consider applying a waterproof sunscreen to slow down the fading process.